Mock Test available in English, Bengali
West Bengal PSC invites applications for the Miscellaneous Services Recruitment Examination. In West Bengal Government many Posts like Block Welfare Officer/Welfare Officer, Assistant Child Development Project Officer, Assistant Agricultural Marketing Officer, Assistant Auditor, Board of Revenue etc. shall be filled up on basis of qualifying the Preliminary Examination which will act as screening examination after qualifying Candidate will have to pass the Mains exam and interview.
The commission will hold the Miscellaneous Services Recruitment Examination, 2019 on the results of which recruitment is made to certain posts under the Government of West Bengal.
Applications can be submitted online only through the Commission’s website www.pscwbapplication.in on and from 10th June 2019. Before applying for the post, candidates are required to enroll themselves as per the “ONE TIME ENROLLMENT” scheme through the same Website. Those who have already made enrollment at the same website (i.e. www.pscwbapplication.in) need not enroll once again.
Detailed information regarding age limit, qualifications, the scale of pay, closing date for submission of fees and online applications, scheme and syllabus of the examination, etc. will be available on the Commission’s website at www.pscwbapplication.in & https://pscwbonline.gov.in/.
In accordance with the State Services Recruitment Rules, the Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the Miscellaneous Services Recruitment Examination on the results of which recruitment is made to the posts of
(1) Assistant Child Development Project Officer,
(2) Disaster Management Officer/Block Disaster Management Officer,
(3) Block Youth Officer/Municipal Youth Officer/Borough Youth Officer,
(4) Block Welfare Officer/Welfare Officer,
(5) Inspector, Backward Classes Welfare,
(6) Assistant Agricultural Marketing Officer,
(7) Assistant Programme Officer,
(8) Controller of Correctional Services,
(9) Inspector of Agricultural Income Tax,
(10) Consumer Welfare Officer,
(11) Saving Development Officer,
(12) Posts in West Bengal Subordinate Labour Service,
(13) Auditor of Co-operative Societies,
(14) Assistant Auditor, Board of Revenue,
(15) Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension,
(16) Lady Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension,
(17) Assistant Controller of Correctional Services,
(18) Investigating Inspector,
(19) Revenue Inspector
and certain other posts as may be notified subsequently.
Men are unsuitable for the post of Lady Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension.
· Important dates for WBPSC Miscellaneous Services
Commencement of submission of online application: 10th June 2019
Closing date for submission of online application: 1st July 2019
Closing date for submission of fees through online: 1st July 2019
Closing date for submission of fees through offline: 2nd July 2019
However, the Challan must be generated by the 1st of July, 2019 positively.
· WBPSC Miscellaneous Services Selection procedure
The examination will be held in three successive stages viz.
(1) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type),
(2) Final Examination (Conventional Type – Written) and
(3) Personality Test
(4) Medical Examination
§ The Preliminary Examination will be held at various centres in Kolkata and in certain other districts in West Bengal tentatively in the month of September, 2019.
§ Similarly all candidates from the Kalimpong district will be allowed to appear at KALIMPONG centre.
§ The Final Examination will be held in Kolkata.
§ The Personality Test will be held thereafter in the office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal, in Kolkata.
· Scheme of Examination
(1) Preliminary Examination
(2) Final Examination
(3) Personality Test
Preliminary Examination : 200 marks
The examination will consist of only one paper containing 100 Multiple choice objective type questions carrying 2 marks each on General Studies (150 marks) and Arithmetic (50 marks) and having 1 hour and 30 minutes duration.
The Preliminary examination will be a screening test for selection of candidates for admission to the Final Examination. The marks obtained by candidates in Preliminary Examination will not be counted for the purpose of determining the final merit list.
Final Examination : 450 marks
The examination will consist of three papers of Conventional type questions, namely, Paper-I : English, Paper-II : Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santhali and Paper-III : General Studies and Arithmetic. Full Marks and time for each of Papers - I & II will be 150 having duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Full Marks for Paper-III will be 150 [100 marks for General Studies (Group A) and 50 marks for Arithmetic (Group B)], the total time being 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Answers for Group-A (General Studies) portion should be given in English or in Bengali or in Nepali and
Answers for Group-B (Arithmetic) in English or in Bengali but all the answers for individual group must be in one and the same language.
The examination of all the three papers (Paper-I, II & III) will be held on the same day.
Personality Test : 100 marks
A limited number of candidates selected merit-wise on the results of the Final Examination (Written) will be called to the Personality Test. Final Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in all the three papers of the Final Examination and that obtained in the Personality Test taken together.
· Syllabus for the Examination
(a) General Studies (Preliminary and Final Examination) : Questions will be set to test General Knowledge of a candidate in different spheres.
(b) Arithmetic (Preliminary and Final Examination) : Questions will be set on the basis of the syllabus of Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
Paper – I : English (Final Examination) : Questions may be asked on all or any of the following items :–
a) Drafting of a report from points or materials supplied ;
b) Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santhali, as the case may be, to English ;
c) Condensing of a prose passage (Summary/Precis) ;
d) Correct use of words, correction of sentences, use of common phrases, synonyms and antonyms etc.
Paper – II : Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali / Santhali (Final Examination) : Questions may be asked on all or any of the following items :–
a) Drafting of a report from points or materials supplied ;
b) Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santhali, as the case may be ;
c) Condensing of a prose passage ;
Papers – I & II of the Final Examination will be of Higher Secondary (10 + 2) Examination standard of the West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education.
Assessment and evaluation of answer scripts done by the Commission shall be final and shall not be open to scrutiny by any external authority. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all of the papers of written examination and personality test.
A deduction of 10% of the full marks may be made from the total marks secured by a candidate in a particular paper if he/she discloses his/her identity by writing his/her name, roll number, ticket no. etc. or putting any identifying marks inside the answer-script of that paper.
· Medical Examination: Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
· Canvassing: Any attempt on the part of a candidate to enlist support for his/her application through persons, officials of Government, or agencies will disqualify him/her for appointment. Spontaneous recommendations from Page 5 of 5. persons interested in the candidates, or otherwise known to them, will be disregarded and will render the candidates ineligible
· Results of the Examination : The names of the candidates called to Personality Test and those recommended for appointment will be published provisionally subject to determination of eligibility of the candidates in all respects and verification of original certificates etc. If at any stage of such verification any candidate is found ineligible, his/her candidature / allotment will be cancelled.
· How to apply
Applications can be submitted by online mode only through www.pscwbapplication.in.
Rs.160/- (Rupees one hundred sixty only) + Service Charge 1% of the Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five only) for online payment through debit/credit card plus service charge as applicable as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five only) for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty only) for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
§ SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee.
§ BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid.
§ No exemption of fee is available to sc/st/bc candidates of other states.
§ No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
· Assistant Child Development Project Officer,
· Disaster Management Officer/Block Disaster Management Officer,
· Block Youth Officer/Municipal Youth Officer/Borough Youth Officer,
· Block Welfare Officer/Welfare Officer,
· Inspector, Backward Classes Welfare,
· Assistant Agricultural Marketing Officer,
· Assistant Programme Officer,
· Controller of Correctional Services,
· Inspector of Agricultural Income Tax,
· Consumer Welfare Officer,
· Saving Development Officer,
· Posts in West Bengal Subordinate Labour Service,
· Auditor of Co-operative Societies,
· Assistant Auditor, Board of Revenue,
· Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension,
· Lady Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension,
· Assistant Controller of Correctional Services,
· Investigating Inspector,
· Revenue Inspector
Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
· Examination Centres
List of Preliminary Examination Centres with Code No.
3. Diamond Harbour
23. Cooch Behar
However the Commission may allot a candidate to an adjacent Centre other than that opted by him/her if it is not possible for the Commission to accommodate in the Centre primarily opted by the candidate.
WBPSC Miscellaneous Services Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must have the following qualifications which should be clearly stated in the application. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by the Govt. Candidates must fulfill the qualifications by the closing date.
1. A degree from a recognized University or its equivalent.
2. Age : Not below 20 years but not more than 39 years as on 01.01.2019 (i.e. born not earlier than 2 nd January, 1980 and not later than 1 st January, 1999). Concession in age : The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for S.C. & S.T. candidates and by 3 years for B.C. (Non-creamy Layer) candidates. In the case of Persons with Disabilities (PWD), the upper age limit is relaxable upto 45 years. No relaxation is applicable to S.C./S.T./B.C. candidates of other States as they shall be treated as general candidates.
No claim for being a member of S.C./S.T./B.C. (Non-creamy Layer) or a person with disability or a meritorious sportsperson will be entertained after submission of the application.
Note : Date of birth as recorded only in the Madhyamik or equivalent certificate will be accepted. The age limits apply to all candidates whether in Government Service or not.
3. The candidate must be
(a) A citizen of India (either natural or by registration),
(b) Such other nationals as declared eligible by the Govt. of India.
4. Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali)
1. Assistant Child Development Project Officer,
2. Disaster Management Officer/Block Disaster Management Officer,
3. Block Youth Officer/Municipal Youth Officer/Borough Youth Officer,
4. Block Welfare Officer/Welfare Officer,
5. Inspector, Backward Classes Welfare,
6. Assistant Agricultural Marketing Officer,
7. Assistant Programme Officer,
8. Controller of Correctional Services,
9. Inspector of Agricultural Income Tax,
10. Consumer Welfare Officer,
11. Saving Development Officer,
12. Posts in West Bengal Subordinate Labour Service,
13. Auditor of Co-operative Societies,
14. Assistant Auditor, Board of Revenue,
15. Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension,
16. Lady Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension,
17. Assistant Controller of Correctional Services,
18. Investigating Inspector,
19. Revenue Inspector and certain other posts as may be notified subsequently.