The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) has issued a job advertisement for the position of UP Constable 2018. A total of 49,568 up police vacancies for the positions of Constable in Civil Police and Constable in Reserved Territorial Armed were announced. To be eligible for ...(Read More)
The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) has issued a job advertisement for the position of UP Constable 2018. A total of 49,568 up police vacancies for the positions of Constable in Civil Police and Constable in Reserved Territorial Armed were announced. To be eligible for this UP Police Constable 2018 recruitment, candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 22 as of July 1, 2018, and have 12th passed or its equivalent from a recognized institute or university. Candidates who apply for the UP Police Constable 2018 recruitment will have to go through these selection processes (Online Written Examination, Documentation & Physical Standards Test, and Physical Efficiency Test). The UP Police Constable 2018 written exam will consist of four different papers: General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude /Intelligence /Reasoning, Numerical & Mental Ability Test, and General Hindi. Applicants must complete the application form online. Candidates applying for the post of UP Police Constable 2018 Recruitment must pay an application fee. The fee for all candidates will be Rs. 400/-. Candidates must first meet the eligibility criteria established by the exam conducting authority in order to apply for the UP Police Constable 2018 Exam. On this page you will find all information on the UP Police Constable detailed syllabus, exam pattern, number of vacancies, eligibility criteria, how to apply, and other details.
|Numerical and Mental Ability||37||37|
|Mental Ability, I.Q. and Reasoning Ability||38||38|
Essential Educational Qualifications:
Candidates must have passed Class XII passed by a Board established by law in India or its equivalent examination recognized by the Government.
• Possess \'O\' Level Certificate in Computer from DOEACC/NIELIT Society, or
• Have served for at least two years served in the Territorial Army, or
• Possess \'B\' certificate of National Cadet Corps
For Male Category Candidates:
The age limit of the applicants should be between 18 years to 22 years.
*Candidates should be born between 02 July 1996 and 01 July 2000. (both date inclusive)*
For Female Category Candidates:
The age limit of the applicants should be between 18 years to 25 years.
*Candidates should be born between 02 July 1993 and 01 July 2000. (both date inclusive)*
The permitted upper age limit relaxations are as follows:
|03||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.|
Schemes of the UP Police Constable Selection Procedure:
• Online Written Examination
• Physical Standard Test and Document Verification
• Physical Efficiency Test (Qualifying Nature)
UP Police Constable : Written Examination
|S. No.||Name of Tests||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|I||General Knowledge||38||76||120 minutes|
|III||Numerical & Mental Ability Test||38||76|
|IV||Mental Aptitude Test / IQ Test / Reasoning Test||37||74|
I. Total Number of Question and Total Number of Marks are 150 and 300 respectively.
II. Duration of Examination is 120 minutes.
III. For each correct answer candidate will get 2 marks.
IV. Each incorrect answer will 0.50 point deduction.
UP Police Constable : Physical Standard Test
|Male||Gen/OBC/SC||168 cm||79 normal (+5 expand)||--|
|ST||160 cm||77 Normal (+5 expand)||--|
|Female||Gen/OBC/SC||152 cm||--||40 kg|
|ST||147 cm||--||40 kg|
UP Police Constable : Physical Efficiency Test
• The candidates found successful in the scrutiny of records and in the physical standard test will be expected to appear in the physical efficiency test which will be of qualifying nature.
• To be successful in the Physical Efficiency Test, a Male Candidate will have to Run a 4.8 km run in 28 minutes and a Female Candidate will have to Run a 2.4 km run in 6 minutes.
The following are the likely positions that will be filled up through this Exam:
|Constable in Civil Police||15681||8467||6285||627||31360|
|Constable in Reserved Territorial Armed||9104||4916||3824||364||18208|
Syllabus of UP Police Constable Examinations:
(A) General Hindi
• हिन्दी और अन्य भारतीय भाषायें
• हिन्दी वर्णमाला
• वाक्यांशों के स्थान पर एक शब्द
• समरूपी भिन्नार्थक शब्द
• अशुद्ध वाक्यों को शुद्ध करना
• मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियां
• अपठित बोध
• प्रसिद्ध कवि, लेखक एवं उनकी प्रसिद्ध रचनायें
• हिन्दी भाषा में पुरस्कार
(B) Fundamental Law / Constitution / General Knowledge
(B-I) FUNDAMENTAL LAW
• Indian Penal Code and Criminal Procedure Code
• Legal provision for protection of women, children, members of Scheduled Castes
• Traffic Rules
• Environmental Protection
• Wildlife Protection
• Human Rights Protection
• Right to Information Act
• Income Tax Act
• Prevention of Corruption Act
• National Security Act
• IT Act
• Cyber Crime
• Public Interest Litigation
• Important Judicial Judgment
• Land Reforms
• General Knowledge of Land Revenue related laws
• Objective of the Constitution
• Fundamental Rights
• Directive Principles and Fundamental Duties of Policy
• Parliamentary System
• Formation of Central and State Governments and their powers
• Right to make laws, Local Government
• Relations between Center and States
• Elections and other important information
• General information about Constitutional Schedules
• All India Services and their selection method etc.
(C) General Knowledge
• General Science
• Health and Health Science
• Health and Health Science
• History of India
• Freedom Struggle of India
• Indian Economy and Culture
• Indian Agriculture
• Commerce and Trade
• Environment and Urbanisation
• FDI (Foreign Direct Investment)
• World geography and geography and natural resources of India
• Contemporary topics of national and international importance
• Specific information regarding education
• Culture and social practices of Uttar Pradesh
• Revenue, Police and General administrative system in Uttar Pradesh
• India and Relations between neighboring countries
• Basic knowledge of computer skills
• Basic knowledge of information and communication technology
• Social media communication
(C) Numerical & Mental Ability Test
(C-I) Numerical Ability Test
• Number System
• Decimals and Fraction
• Highest common factor and lowest common multiple
• Ratio and Proportion
• Profit and Logs
• Simple interest
• Compound interest
• Time and Work
• Time and Distance
• Use of Tables and Graphs
• Arithmetical computations and other analytical functions
(C-II) Mental Ability Test
• Logical Diagrams
• Symbol-Relationship Interpretation
• Perception Test
• Word Formation Test
• Letter and number series
• Word and alphabet Analogy
• Common Sense Test
• Direction Sense Test
• Logical interpretation of data
• Forcefulness of argument
• Determining implied meanings
(D) Mental Aptitude Test / IQ Test / Reasoning Test
(D-I) Mental Aptitude Test
• Public Interest
• Law and order
• Communal harmony
• Crime Control
• Rule of law
• Ability of Adaptability
• Professional Information (Basic level)
• Police System
• Contemporary Police Issues & Law and order-d
• Interest in Profession
• Mental toughness
• Sensitivity towards minorities and underprivileged
• Gender sensitivity
(D-II) Intelligence Quotient (IQ) Test
• Relationship and Analogy Test
• Spotting out the dissimilar
• Series Completion Test
• Coding and Decoding Test
• Direction Sense Test
• Blood Relation
• Problem based on alphabet
• Time sequence Test
• Venn Diagram and chart type test
• Mathematical ability Test
• Arranging in order
(D-III) Reasoning Test
• Space visualization
• Problem Solving
• Analysis Judgement
• Decision Making
• Visual Memory
• Arithmetical reasoning
• Verbal and figure classification
• Arithmetical number series
• Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships
Fee Payable by Candidates for UP Police Constable Exam:
For All others Category’s: Rs. 400/-
Mode of Payment:
Candidates can pay the prescribed fee through E-Challan, Internet Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI immediately.
If the fee is to be paid through e-challan, then the candidate should print the e-challan of the State Bank of India.
For further information on how to fill out the online application form, see the instructions below.
Go to the official website of UP Police @uppbpb.gov.in or Click on the direct given link on the website.
Click the "Apply Online" link button for UP Police Constable 2018.
New candidates will be required to register first.
Register by selecting the New Applicant Link on the left side of the screen.
Fill in the details with all of the necessary information.
You will receive a candidate ID and a password to your registered phone number and your email address.
Now, login with the information you received upon registration.
Fill out your personal information, your educational qualifications details, and other information carefully.
Upload a signature image and a photo in the specified dimensions.
Now, press the submit button.
Pay the online application fee by any mode or e-challan.
Verify all of the information before submitting your application form.
Remember to keep a printout of your application receipt for future reference.