Cracking CTET (A hard nut to crack!)
CTET- A hard nut to crack!
CTET is considered as one of the toughest exams to crack. The number of students who clear this exam every year and become eligible to apply for the teaching jobs in primary and middle schools is scary to say the least! Have a look at the following data of pass percentages of the previous year:
The above data makes it evident that the failure rate is pretty high in CTET Exam. This raises the following questions with regards to the exam:
- Is the difficulty level of the exam really that high?
- What contributes to the failure of students in CTET Exam?
- What are the roadblocks to clear CTET?
- Is there a need to change the way you have been preparing for the exam?
Let us discuss these questions in detail.
- Is the difficulty level of CTET exam high?
Ans. NO. The difficulty level of CTET exam is fairly average. If one analyses the previous year question papers, it becomes apparent that the syllabus is fairly same with quite a stable pattern of questions asked. All of the questions asked in the exam are from prescribed syllabus.
2. What contributes to the failure of students in CTET Exam?
Ans. There can be various factors that lead to the failure of students in CTET exam. These may be as follows:
- Lack of knowledge about the structure of the exam.
- Lack of knowledge about the syllabus.
- Lack of practice.
- Lack of time management, and therefore, inability to complete the exam in time.
- Inability to identify the areas which require more practice than others.
3. What are the roadblocks to clear CTET?
Ans. We at Sarkari Pariksha, have done a deep study to find out what are the areas that cause much problems for CTET aspirants. Our findings can be summarized as follows:
- Child Development and Pedagogy: Majority of the students we interacted with expressed their discomfort with CDP subject. They found it difficult to understand and comprehend. Lack of reliable study material in the field of Child Development adds to the misery of the students.
- Pedagogy: Pedagogy part of the subject holds about 50% of weightage in CTET. While most students find it easy to crack the content portion of the subject, say, Mathematics, the difficulty lies majorly with the pedagogy part of it. Again, there is a dearth of reading material in the areas of pedagogy.
- Inability to complete the exam in the prescribed time. Most of the students recorded that while solving the exam, certain sections, majorly, mathematics and science, need solving of certain questions, that take a lot of time and therefore, they are not able to complete the exam on time.
4. Is there a need to change the way you have been preparing for the exam?
Ans. YES. If you have given CTET exam before, by now you might have understood the causes of failure in the exam. If you are planning to appear for the CTET exam for the first time, then also you need to prepare in a way that leads to success in the exam.
Sarkari Pariksha offers you a solution to sure shot cracking the CTET Exam. It does it through:
- Giving you details about the structure and pattern of the exam. All our exams are based on the previous year CTET pattern.
- Provides you the in-depth syllabus of CTET.
- Offers authentic and reliable reading material that gives you the basic knowledge and understanding of the various subjects in the exam.
- Offers various tips and tricks to solve questions of Mathematics and Science.
- Offers a range of subject tests, practice tests and mock tests to check your level of preparation. These tests not only check your preparation of the entire exam, but goes down to the micro level of a topic in any subject.
- All the tests on Sarkari Pariksha are timed. It gives you the evaluation of the time you take to complete a question, a section, a subject and the entire exam. Therefore, giving you a clear picture on which areas you should practice more to cut down the time taken to solve those question.
Take your First Step to Success in CTET! Join Sarkari Pariksha now!!
M.Phil in Education
NET/JRF and CTET in Education